gosa

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Fri Mar 20 19:18:27 CET 2009

On Friday 20 March 2009 05:06:39 am Benoit Mortier wrote:
> Le Friday 20 March 2009 05:42:46 Gunnar Wrobel, vous avez écrit :
> > Quoting John McMonagle <johnm at advocap.org>:
> > > Any opinions on gosa and kolab?
> > >
> > > https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/wiki/PluginInstallationConnectivityK
> > >olab Gosa looks nicer than the lam I'm using but I'm concerned that
> > > gosa wants to use there own kolab schema. I can imagine some nasty
> > > possibilities.
> >
> > I know that some people are using gosa successfully but I believe you
> > need to be pretty familiar with the Kolab server to get around some of
> > the quirks. Of course the Kolab Konsortium does not recommend it for
> > production servers.
>
> Sorry Gunar, but i can not let you said that, the integration works well
> but the quirks are on kolab side ...
>
> And i work well in production server with the benefit of giving you a
> decent web interface to manage users
>
> Have a nice day

Benoit

Is there anything you need to do other then adding the needed gosa schemas and
using the kolab schema from gosa?

I'll need to to a lot of tweeking to ldap anyway.
At the moment working on my ldap conversion strategy.
Have 6 ldap servers not counting kolab.
At the moment breaking kolab is the least of my concerns :-)

John