gosa

Benoit Mortier benoit.mortier at opensides.be
Fri Mar 20 19:41:40 CET 2009

Le Friday 20 March 2009 19:18:27 John McMonagle, vous avez écrit :
> On Friday 20 March 2009 05:06:39 am Benoit Mortier wrote:

> > > I know that some people are using gosa successfully but I believe
> > > you need to be pretty familiar with the Kolab server to get around
> > > some of the quirks. Of course the Kolab Konsortium does not
> > > recommend it for production servers.
> >
> > Sorry Gunar, but i can not let you said that, the integration works
> > well but the quirks are on kolab side ...
> >
> > And i work well in production server with the benefit of giving you a
> > decent web interface to manage users
> >
> > Have a nice day
>
> Benoit
>
> Is there anything you need to do other then adding the needed gosa
> schemas and using the kolab schema from gosa?

- some import of specific objects from kolab ldap to the your ldap if you
don't use the ldap server from kolab, mainly the manager and other
special users.

- some change to the template and / or files to tell him where the ldap
reside if not using kolab ldap.

other than that it should roll

I have to make a new install start of april will try to put some
explanations in the wiki.

> I'll need to to a lot of tweeking to ldap anyway.
> At the moment working on my ldap conversion strategy.
> Have 6 ldap servers not counting kolab.
> At the moment breaking kolab is the least of my concerns :-)

Sure

Have a nice evening
--
Benoit Mortier