SyncML in 2.2.2 ?

Divan Santana Divan.Santana at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 22:45:07 CEST 2009

Hi All,

Just to post my feedback on this which will hopefully help someone.

server: kolab 2.2.2 with openpkg on ubuntu 8.04.2 64 bit
client: iphone 3G 3.0
software: free synthesis client
result: syncs your contacts almost perfectly.
server settings url: https://hostname.domainname.blah/client/rpc.php
server settings syncml version: left it to automatic which picked syncml DS
1.2
server path: contacts

95% of my contacts synced perfectly. The other 5% didn't sync and the reason
was the photo attached to the contact. Strangely I do have a few contacts that
would sync to the iphone but it seems the pictures on the contact looked
smaller in visual size. Both the contact with the photo that synced and the
contact with the photo that didn't sync were in jpeg format(so thats not the
issue). Removed the photos on the problematic 5% of my contacts and it synced
perfectly. Great!

server: kolab 2.2.2 with openpkg on ubuntu 8.04.2 64 bit
client: iphone 3G 3.0
software: 15$ synthesis client Todo+Cal+Sync 1.8
result: syncs your contacts perfectly(excluding the above photo issue)
server settings url: https://hostname.domainname.blah/client/rpc.php
server settings syncml version: left it to automatic which picked syncml DS
1.2
Contacts - server path: contacts - works!
Todos - server path: tasks - works!
Calendar - server path: tried events, Calendar, calendar all failed

So the pay version works just as well except syncs todos/tasks nicely from
kolab into its own tasks app on the iphone. Unfortunately as previously stated
in this thread the calendar doesn't seem to be able to sync yet. Perhaps in
kolab 2.2.3 ?

--
Divan Santana