Installation (Version 20090515, Kolab Server 2.2.2) fails for fedora 11 (procmail)

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Fri Jul 24 11:26:29 CEST 2009

* Sasha Kacanski <skacanski at gmail.com> [20090722 14:15]:
> My question would be do I try to upgrade source src for procmail under
> kolab with procmail package that has fix or I need to possibly install
> different version of gcc to fix this issue.
> I tried to bypass package installation with:
> # sh install-kolab.sh -x procmail 2>&1 | tee
> /cube/kolab-install/kolab-install.log
> or
> # sh install-kolab.sh -x procmail-3.22-20080101.src.rpm 2>&1 | tee
> /cube/kolab-install/kolab-install.log
> but both ways I could not skip procmail installation.

procmail is pulled in as a requirement of postfix, so you can't
simply exclude it.

The good thing is that postfix in Kolab Server does not need
procmail, so you could do the following (as user "kolab")

1. install the postfix source rpm:
     openpkg rpm -Uvh postfix-2.4.6-20080101_kolab.src.rpm
2. remove the procmail PreReq in postfix.spec:
     cd /kolab/RPM/SRC/postfix
     $EDITOR postfix.spec
3. recompile postfix:
     openpkg rpm -ba postfix.spec
4. use the created source and binary RPMs to create a new installed
   as described in 1st.README ("Generating your own 00INDEX.rdf for
   installations or upgrades")

(all this should work in the half-ready environment your aborted
installation leaves behind)

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998