Installation (Version 20090515, Kolab Server 2.2.2) fails for fedora 11 (procmail)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Jul 24 08:54:50 CEST 2009

Am Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2009 14:09:10 schrieb Sasha Kacanski:
> I pulled complete repository of source rpm's from
> http://files.kolab.org/server/release/kolab-server-2.2.2/sources/ and
> executed according to 1st.README
> # sh install-kolab.sh 2>&1 | tee /cube/kolab-install/kolab-install.log
> Installation fails:
>

> /kolab/bin/cc -c -fPIC  formail.c
> In file included from formail.c:25:
> formisc.h:20: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
> /usr/include/stdio.h:655: error: previous declaration of 'getline' was here
> make[1]: *** [formail.o] Error 1
> make: *** [bins] Error 2
> error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.59346 (%build)

I would try moving away  /usr/include/stdio.h during the initial build.
(And then move it back of course.)

> I researched via google some of the issues with declaration of
> getline, and suggestions range from upgrading procmail to
> procmail-3.22-24.fc12 from existing procmail-3.22-23.fc11.src.rpm.
> Regardless of upgrade of removal of exisitng instance of procmail I
> still get error with existing source supplied with kolab.

Your system procmail is not the one failing, but the procmail coming with
OpenPKG. So changing the system procmail does not help. :)

(I just wonder if we could not get rid of the procmail dependency,
but it seems that the postfix package from OpenPKG currently has it.)

> According to one of more complete posts on thsi issue on getline call:
> ....It is not related to gcc in any way, just the default when you don't
> select any feature test macros (see
> info libc 'Feature Test Macros'
> ) changed in F11 from F10, now you get by default _POSIX_C_SOURCE 200809L
> stuff, before you got _POSIX_C_SOURCE 200112L. POSIX 2008 newly contains
> many GNU functions, like getline, fexecve, etc.
> So, either fix up the packages to use different names of local functions
> (preferrable), or use some Feature Test Macro to pick whatever the program
> expects to be compiled with.
>
> My question would be do I try to upgrade source src for procmail under
> kolab with procmail package that has fix

That sounds like a good idea, you should approach the openPKG developers
and check with kolab-devel@ about it.

> I am not big on fedora, and gentoo installation of kolab server 2.1
> worked but that was not a smooth sailing either.
> I would like to follow openpkg format for ease of future maintenance.

Yes, the Kolab Server/OpenPKG format usually is the easiest to use.
Bernhard