kolab-2.x, schema file location issue

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Mon Jul 20 03:56:41 CEST 2009

I am working on packaging Kolab for Mandriva. I discovered one problem I want
to report:
all schemafiles are placed as:

/etc/openldap/schema/horde.schema
/etc/openldap/schema/kolab2.schema
/etc/openldap/schema/rfc2739.schema

but I need them in /usr/share/openldap/schema since all other schema are
there. No need to scatter them around. The conf_dist/mandriva
looks correct. But whatever I do they are not moved.

I can get around with this spec file hack, but it's not elegant:

mv %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/openldap/schema/horde.schema
%{buildroot}%{_datadir}/openldap/schema/horde.schema
mv %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/openldap/schema/kolab2.schema
%{buildroot}%{_datadir}/openldap/schema/kolab2.schema
mv %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/openldap/schema/rfc2739.schema
%{buildroot}%{_datadir}/openldap/schema/rfc2739.schema

after fiddling around and getting some help from an experienced nice guy I
changed the following lines in Makefile.am

from

ldapschemadir = $(ldapserver_confdir)/schema
dist_ldapschema_DATA = $(ldapschema_FILES)

to:
ldapschemadir = $(ldapserver_schemadir)
dist_ldapschema_DATA = $(ldapschema_FILES)

after which I had to execute:
autoreconf -fi

This fixed the problem

--