New native Windows and Mac OS Clients: first beta of Kontact Enterprise 4

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Fri Jan 16 21:59:10 CET 2009

I was going to reply to this on my Windows version of Kontact, but when I hit
reply, the composer window was empty and didn't bring over any quoted text.
So I had to move over to my Linux machine for the reply...is that a bug or
have I missed some setting?

On Fri January 16 2009 02:54:28 pm Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 16 January 2009, Troy Carpenter wrote:
> > >
> > > What happens when you restart it?
> > > Note that you can rebuild the index on folders if the index would
> > > come corrupted. Do a right click on the top folder and use the
> > > trouble shooting menu to rebuild the index. This sometimes helps.
> >
> > Ok, that first statement was a bit overdone.  The program crashes
> > when it starts the sync process with the IMAP server.  Since I
> > stupidly set that to happen at startup, it crashes almost right away.
> >  If I can stop the sync at startup, then I might be able to try
> > rebuilding the index on the folders.
>
> Look for the file kmailrc and change the line
> checkmail-startup=true
> checkmail-startup=false

Thanks.  I actually got Kontact to start and not crash this time...don't know
if I really did anything.  In any case, I deleted my account and re-added it.
I am currently syncing one folder at a time.  Every now and then the process
seems to stall and I need to hit the minus sign in the status bar to jumpstart
it again.

On to the tracker.  I've found the issue about the timezones (2782).  What
should the settings be to create issues for the windows Kontact?  Is it the
case that issues I'm finding exist in all versions?  I certainly don't see
them in my KDE 4.2 install on Kubuntu (KMail 1.11.0).

Troy