backtraces for Kontact on Windows (was: New native Windows and Mac OS Clients: first beta of Kontact Enterprise 4)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 19 15:51:03 CET 2009

Troy,

On Freitag, 16. Januar 2009, Troy Carpenter wrote:
> > > Any of those selections causes Kontact to then crash.  If I click the
> > > debug button on the crash dialog, everything goes away.
> >
> > You would need to run gdb before the crash and attach it to the process
> > to get a useful backtrace.
> > It is quite easy.
>
> I trust I can find instructions on how to do that somewhere.  It doesn't
> look like you've had time to post those instructions on the wiki page.

I did not manage to put them up on Friday, but now I have added the following
section to
https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kontact_for_Windows_(beta-huge-debug)#Hints :

 Backtrace for Crash reporting
If you encounter crashes, a backtrace might help the developers to find the
defect faster. There are some hints doing a backtrace with gdb on windows in
https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Debugging/Debugging_on_MS_Windows#MinGW_debugging_hints

Bernhard

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)