New native Windows and Mac OS Clients: first beta of Kontact Enterprise 4

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Thu Jan 15 20:56:53 CET 2009

Overnight Kontact crashed.  When I re-ran the program, I noticed that most of
my email was missing from the local store (using disconnected IMAP), and kmail
started downloading all the emails again.  During that process I got the
following error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\Program Files\Kontact\bin\kontact.exe
File: F:\kderoot-20081020\svn\branches...\kmfold...map.cpp
Line: 552

Expression: msg

abort, retry, ignore

Any of those selections causes Kontact to then crash.  If I click the debug
button on the crash dialog, everything goes away.

The program will not work now.  I don't know if the data is corrupt, or if the
program install has become messed up.

Troy
troy at carpenter.cx