Question About Kolab and Cyrus Mail Boxes

Diego M. Vadell dvadell at linuxclusters.com.ar
Tue Jan 13 16:47:15 CET 2009

Hi Joseph,

   I (kind of hackishly) solved it by changing
/kolab/lib/perl/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Kolab/Cyrus.pm . In the createMailbox
function, I added a line calling a perl script that would check that every
user has Spam, Sent and Drafts folders.

    Looks like this:

sub createMailbox
{
[...]

        if (!$cyrus->create($cyruid)) {
            Kolab::log('Y', "Unable to create mailbox `$cyruid', Error = `" .
$cyrus->error . "'", KOLAB_WARN);
        }
        # Revision: 20081021 - DMV
        system("/root/bin/fix_Spam_folder.pl");
    } else {
        Kolab::log('Y', "Skipping mailbox creation for $uid (curuid='$cyruid',
mailbox='".join(',',@{$mailbox})."'", KOLAB_DEBUG);
    }
}

So if $cyrus->create($cyruid) does create the mailbox, perl runs
/root/bin/fix_Spam_folder.pl .

That script uses IMAP::Admin to log in as manager and check all the users.

HTH
 -- Diego