kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Carsten Burghardt carsten at cburghardt.com
Wed Apr 29 20:40:26 CEST 2009

Am Montag, 16. Februar 2009 19:44:36 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Op maandag 16 februari 2009 11:08:32 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
> > > Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that progress is made and it
> > > would be great if others start testing the current packages.  Find more
> > > information about kolab on openSUSE at:
> > > http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/OpenSUSE_-_natively
> > > and
> > > http://en.opensuse.org/Kolab
> >
> > This is great! I am running version 2.2.0 on Suse 10.3 and I wonder
> > what the proposed way for an upgrade is. Can I simply update the
> > packages? As it is a productive system I can not really uninstall the
> > previous packages.
>
> I have kolab 2.2.0 running on an openSUSE 10.3 system as well, so we're in
> the same boat.  I'm not thinking about a upgrade yet, as a lot of
> functionality is still to be tested.  I would say get another openSUSE 10.3
> system up and running with kolab 2.2.0 in e.g. virtual box.  Use that image
> to exercise the upgrade.
>
> The big difference between kolab on openSUSE 10.3 and 11.1 will be the
> openldap replication mode.  This must change from slurpd to syncrepl.  This
> is working nicely.  The data does not need to change I believe, so as long
> as all data is backed up you should be fine.

I created a snapshot of my system in a virtual machine and installed the new
packages which is effectively an upgrade (kolab devel, horde and so on). Do I
have to execute more steps after that?
I currently see the following problems:
- kolab daemon stops immediately after I start it. The only message I can see
is in /var/log/messages that kolab is shutting down after the manager logged
in via plaintext to imap
- various error messages in the apache log about missing index like "Undefined
index: kolabfilter-verify-from-header
- logging out from horde does not work "This request cannot be completed
because the link you followed or the form you submitted was only valid for
minutes"

Any ideas?

Carsten