Revisited: Postfix Virtual Alias Domains & Kolab

Albrecht Dreß albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com
Wed Oct 29 15:56:33 CET 2008

Am 08.09.2008 11:29:38 schrieb(en) Alain Spineux:
> I wrote this wiki
>
> https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Managing_Domain_aliases
>
> hope this help

Unfortunately, I ran into some problems using your descriptions...  In
my setup, I have the following e-mail addresses/domains:
- some.user at my-company.com  <-- this is the "main" account;
- some.user at the-server.de   <-- Kolab is running on the-server.de, and
I want to catch messages from applications which /internally/ send to
this address.  It shall however also be visible from the external world;
- some.user at my.home-provider.com <-- this is the user's private address
with an ISP.

I first tried the last option on your wiki page, i.e. I had

- "query_filter =
(&(!(kolabDeleteFlag=*))(|(alias=%u at my-company.com)(mail=%u at my-company.com)(uid=%u)))"
in ldapvirtual.cf;
- "the-server.de whatever" in virtual.

Now, when I try to send a message to some.user at my.home-provider.com,
Kolab will accept and redirect it to some.user at my-company.com, which is
obviously not what I want.

I then switched to the second version, i.e. reverted to the standard
query filter in ldapvirtual.cf, and added the "@the-server.de
@my-company.com" to virtual.  Now mail gets out to the home account,
but when I telnet to port 25 of the Kolab postfix, it accepts (as reply
to "rcpt to:" commands) messages for some.user at my-company.com, for
some.user at the-server.de, and also for some.user at my.home-provider.com!

I think the best approach would actually be to use the "better" query
filter (as to reject unknown accounts), but how can I first sort out
all destination domains which are not mine?  Any help from a postfix
guru would be welcome!

Thanks, Albrecht.