Revisited: Postfix Virtual Alias Domains & Kolab

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:09:13 CET 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Albrecht Dreß
<albrecht.dress at lios-tech.com> wrote:
> Am 08.09.2008 11:29:38 schrieb(en) Alain Spineux:
>>
>> I wrote this wiki
>>
>> https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Managing_Domain_aliases
>>
>> hope this help
>
> Unfortunately, I ran into some problems using your descriptions...  In my
> setup, I have the following e-mail addresses/domains:
> - some.user at my-company.com  <-- this is the "main" account;
> - some.user at the-server.de   <-- Kolab is running on the-server.de, and I
> want to catch messages from applications which /internally/ send to this
> address.  It shall however also be visible from the external world;
> - some.user at my.home-provider.com <-- this is the user's private address with
> an ISP.
>
> I first tried the last option on your wiki page, i.e. I had
>
> - "query_filter =
> (&(!(kolabDeleteFlag=*))(|(alias=%u at my-company.com)(mail=%u at my-company.com)(uid=%u)))"
> in ldapvirtual.cf;
> - "the-server.de whatever" in virtual.
>
> Now, when I try to send a message to some.user at my.home-provider.com, Kolab
> will accept and redirect it to some.user at my-company.com, which is obviously
> not what I want.

MY MISTAKE !!!

and more seriously if you try to send to some.user at gmail.com it will
be redirected to
some.user at my-company.com ! In fact any address in the form some.user@<somewhere>
will be redirected to some.user at my-company.com if some.user at my-company.com is a
valid local address !!!

To correct this we have to add a condition about the domain, something like

(|(foobar.de=%d)(foobar.net=%d))

but this is not valid LDAP filter anymore !

Then we have to forget this solution, I will remove it from the WIKI

> I then switched to the second version, i.e. reverted to the standard query
> filter in ldapvirtual.cf, and added the "@the-server.de @my-company.com" to
> virtual.  Now mail gets out to the home account, but when I telnet to port
> 25 of the Kolab postfix, it accepts (as reply to "rcpt to:" commands)
> messages for some.user at my-company.com, for some.user at the-server.de, and also
> for some.user at my.home-provider.com!

Then my.home-provider.com should be defined somewhere in ldap or
virtual, or maybe
hard coded in main.cf ! Just remove it !

> I think the best approach would actually be to use the "better" query filter
> (as to reject unknown accounts), but how can I first sort out all
> destination domains which are not mine?  Any help from a postfix guru would
> be welcome!
>
> Thanks, Albrecht.

The normal way, is to add the domain, and create any required aliases
one by one.

--
Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com