slave-rejects und SASL-log (ldap_search_st() failed: Can't contact LDAP server)

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Mon Nov 24 11:43:19 CET 2008

Christian Rößler schrieb:

Hallo everyone,

 > First: If I change a normal entry on the Kolab master (here, for
example the user "Testa Testb" I got a notice in the reject logfile of
the master (at
/kolab/var/openldap/openldap-slurp/replica/kolab-slave\:636.rej):
 > | ERROR: No such object
 > | replica: kolab-slave.fuhintern.de:636
 > | time: 1226391794.1
 > | dn: cn=Testa Testb,dc=kolab,dc=testintern,dc=de
 > | changetype: modrdn
 > | newrdn: cn=Testa Testc
 > | deleteoldrdn: 1
 > ..but the object will be correctly replicated to the slave, as it
 > should be. As said, that's irritating.
 > After noticing sone SASL entries in the SASL log file I guessed it
 > could perhaps have something to do with SASL authentification (snippet
 > from /kolab/var/sasl/log/saslauthd.log):
 > | Nov 11 10:20:02 kolab <error> saslauthd[6635]: user ldap_search_st()
 > | failed: Can't contact LDAP server
 > | Nov 11 10:20:02 kolab <info> saslauthd[6635]: Retrying
 > | authentication

Please, can you take a look whether or not this happens at your
installations also, so I will know if this is something happening
elsewhere too, or just here on my installations?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian Rößler