Start from scratch

cfisher at ssrecords.us cfisher at ssrecords.us
Wed Feb 27 21:59:52 CET 2008

Quoting Troy Carpenter <troy at carpenter.cx>:

> On Wednesday 27 February 2008 03:40:40 pm cfisher at ssrecords.us wrote:
>> I recently did the exact same thing, but in my case I did have another
>> server to play/test with.
>> You may want to look at http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Backups_for_kolab2
>> The only variations I would mention is to make a backup of
>> /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data/DB_CONFIG file. If you follow those
>> steps it gets deleted, and LDAP does not like running without it.
>>
>> And you must bootstrap the system before restoring it.
>
> I've looked at that site.  The only thing I wonder about is the SpamAssassin
> bayes database, but everything else seems to be copying data to backup files.
> Since I will be keeping my original /kolab directory, I should have all that
> data for the restore later (or just copy the entire directory back if I
> really screw things up ;)
>
> Troy

Sorry, I got distracted and forgot what you were planning (renaming
/kolab) before I hit send.
Because I was using another server I did not have the Kolab cron
entries, users, groups, or init script to worry about. And since the
/kolab directory is owned by the user account...  I'm not %100 sure
what would happen.
Personally I would rename /kolab, change it's owner/group recursively,
delete the cron, users, group and init
(http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Uninstall_Kolab) so it's as close to
a %100 clean install as possible.