Start from scratch

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Feb 27 21:49:24 CET 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 03:40:40 pm cfisher at ssrecords.us wrote:
> I recently did the exact same thing, but in my case I did have another
> server to play/test with.
> You may want to look at http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Backups_for_kolab2
> The only variations I would mention is to make a backup of
> /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data/DB_CONFIG file. If you follow those
> steps it gets deleted, and LDAP does not like running without it.
>
> And you must bootstrap the system before restoring it.

I've looked at that site.  The only thing I wonder about is the SpamAssassin
bayes database, but everything else seems to be copying data to backup files.
Since I will be keeping my original /kolab directory, I should have all that
data for the restore later (or just copy the entire directory back if I
really screw things up ;)

Troy