Upgrade to 2.2RC1, still can't read messages with Horde

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Wed Feb 6 16:20:55 CET 2008

Greetings,

I did an upgrade last night to 2.2RC1, via openPKG source build, modified php
and apache to handle mysql and other normal website functions, and restarted.
Everything works as expected except for Horde.

I still see the problem where trying to read some email messages in Horde
causes PHP (or some other process) to do a segfault.  When using IE, the
result is a "can't display this webpage" kind of error.  With Firefox, it
prompts to download an empty php document.

These messages are showing up in my apache-error.log:
zend_mm_heap corrupted
[Wed Feb 06 09:50:06 2008] [notice] child pid 24156 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

There are a few messages that will display without issue, but the vast
majority of message produce the error.  It seemed that I had one message
work, then I switched the character set to utf8 (after the message complained
that it was written in UTF8, which was not the charset I was using).  After
switching the message produced the error and switching the charset back did
not fix it.

Playing with it a bit more, I found one message that didn't display, then it
did display.  When it was displayed I tried "show headers", but it
segfaulted.  I went back to the message list and reselected the message but
it wouldn't display anymore.

I put a strace on the php processes and I now have two strace output files
from the segfaulted processes.  I'm going through them now.

Also, not related, but when logging into Horde, I see this in my
php-error.log:
[06-Feb-2008 09:49:46] PHP Notice:  Unknown: SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server
advertised AUTH=PLAIN (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

If anyone has any ideas, I'd like to hear them.  If I find something in the
straces, I'll post that too.

Troy