export/import annotations.db

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 10:35:10 CET 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 8:54 AM,  <Lucidblue0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to migrate a current install of 2.1 to a 2.2 server.
>
> I first exported the LDAP on the original system. I ran kolab_bootstrap -b
> on the new system and then cleared out the new LDAP, changed the hashes for
> the nobody and manager accounts in the exported ldif file, then had a
> successful import. This finally was the easiest approach, even after trying
> to find all the config files, I guess the hash was still different even
> though it was the same pass...
>
> Next I was able to export and then import the mailboxes.db.
>
> The last vital step (aside from rsync'ing the mail), is to somehow copy the
> annotations.db, I remember when I tried to do this in the past, I just
> copied the file and I was getting DB_ERROR's in the log files.
>
> After much googling, I'm not seeing anything that actually mentions how to
> do this, all the backup docs I've found just skip over it, saying "and you
> might want to backup the annotations.db too".

Yes, you have to copy the annotation.db too

Happy New Year !

> Should I be able to just copy that file and put it into the new install? I
> have multiple calendar and contact folders on group account and also one or
> more per user account.
>
> Any ideas about this would be great. The migration is going from a SuSE 10.2
> native (Kolab 2.1) to a SuSE 10.3 native (Kolab 2.2).

.... hum, it depent the Berkely DB package, run this on both machine and compare

# rpm -qa "bdb*" "db*"

If they is enought different then it could be not compatible.

If so here it part of my backup/restore restore script :

   # backup
   su $eg_cyrus_user -c "/kolab/bin/cvt_cyrusdb $ANNOTATIONS_DB
berkeley $ANNOTATIONS_BAK skiplist"

   # restore
   chown $eg_cyrus_user.$eg_cyrus_user $ANNOTATIONS_BAK
   su $eg_cyrus_user -c "/kolab/bin/cvt_cyrusdb $ANNOTATIONS_BAK
skiplist $ANNOTATIONS_DB berkeley"

> Thanks,
> -Skip

Alain Spineux