export/import annotations.db

Lucidblue0 at gmail.com Lucidblue0 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 08:54:33 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to migrate a current install of 2.1 to a 2.2 server.

I first exported the LDAP on the original system. I ran kolab_bootstrap -b
on the new system and then cleared out the new LDAP, changed the hashes for
the nobody and manager accounts in the exported ldif file, then had a
successful import. This finally was the easiest approach, even after trying
to find all the config files, I guess the hash was still different even
though it was the same pass...

Next I was able to export and then import the mailboxes.db.

The last vital step (aside from rsync'ing the mail), is to somehow copy the
annotations.db, I remember when I tried to do this in the past, I just
copied the file and I was getting DB_ERROR's in the log files.

After much googling, I'm not seeing anything that actually mentions how to
do this, all the backup docs I've found just skip over it, saying "and you
might want to backup the annotations.db too".

Should I be able to just copy that file and put it into the new install? I
have multiple calendar and contact folders on group account and also one or
more per user account.

Any ideas about this would be great. The migration is going from a SuSE
10.2 native (Kolab 2.1) to a SuSE 10.3 native (Kolab 2.2).

Thanks,
-Skip