Installation of a kolab-Server

marx-design - Bernhard Marx b.marx at marx-design.de
Tue Sep 18 15:40:21 CEST 2007

Hello,

i heard about Kolab via horde. Actually I have a running
horde-installation on my server.
The server is used for several task. Mainly it's used to provide
Webpages with confixx.

Now i read about the various possiblites of kolab. Esp. the different
clients (e.g. horde and Thunderbird). So I thought i could to an
installation to test kolab before introducing it.
But as more I read now about the installation I have the feeling the
kolab replaces ALL neccessary item with its own. (postfix, spamassassin,
cyrus, etc.) Is this the way? Will an install of kolab "destroy" my
current config of postfix, apache, etc.

Would be glad about sone informations.

Thanks!

Bernhard