masquerade_domains

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Mon Sep 17 18:56:30 CEST 2007

* Matias Schwalm <ms at tbits.net> [20070917 17:22]:
> I updated our Kolabserver from
> 2.1-beta-2 to
> 2.1.0
> After that we had the problem, that the Kolabserver masqueraded everything.
> Example: test at anything.domain.de should be forwarded to an other server.
> But now the Kolabserver masqueraded it to @domain.de and the e-mails didn't
> arrive anymore.
> Has there been any change between above versions that explains this
> behavior?
>
> As workarround we put the subdomain to the main.cf.template
> masquerade_domains = !anything.domain.de @@@postfix-mydestination|join( )@@@
>
> the differences of the mail.cf.template of this versions are:
>
> version 2.1-beta-2
> masquerade_domains = $mydomain
> masquerade_exceptions = root
>
> version 2.1.0
> masquerade_domains = !anything.domain.de @@@postfix-mydestination|join( )@@@
> #       Kolab Server does _not_ want to forward to local machines by
> default,
> #       so we can add "envelope_recipient" to masquerade_classes:
> masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, envelope_recipient,
>                      header_sender, header_recipient

With your previous setup mails with "test at anything.domain.de" will
already have the To: header rewritten to "test at domain.de", only the
SMTP envelope recipient wasn't changed.

Now the setting is more consistent, i.e. rewrite everything or
nothing.

Your workaround is not only a workaround, but the recommended
configuration.

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998