Problem with Kontact on ubuntu 7.10

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at itsef.com
Tue Oct 30 10:09:47 CET 2007

On Sunday 28 October 2007 19:20, Alessio Cecchi wrote:
> I'm using kolab 2.1 with about 10-12 clients.
>
> Al clients runnings Linux and KDE Kontact on kubuntu 7.04
>
> My PC was upgrade to kubuntu 7.10, wiht the "more stable and performance"
> KDEPIM from Enterprise branch (Kontact 1.2.4 enterprise 0.20070907.709405).
>
> But with this version i have found two times my INBOX empty!! Witouth
> apparently reason. And in other time i have found the Send empty.
[...]

Have you checked the Kolab bugtracker for bugs in the Entrprise version? I
remember seeing quite a few - you can have a look at

https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/

I'm actually quite interested in experiences with Kubuntu 7.10 and the
enterprise client, as we might go down the same road. The problem I see is
that while Kubuntu has decided to add the enterprise version of Kontact
already, this version seems far from "production-ready" when looking at the
bugtracker. On the other hand, this version has a lot of features that the
old proko2 version does not have, which makes it potentially very attractive
for some of our users...

Cheerio,

Thomas