Problem with Kontact on ubuntu 7.10

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Tue Oct 30 10:55:35 CET 2007

Il Tuesday 30 October 2007 10:09:47 ITSEF Admin ha scritto:
> Have you checked the Kolab bugtracker for bugs in the Entrprise version? I
> remember seeing quite a few - you can have a look at
>
> https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/

Yes, i have checked the bug tracker, i have found many bugs of kontact
enterprise that i have experienced, in particular my kontact crash frequently
when i move many mail from online to local folders or vice-versa.

But i haven't found my specific problem, i have experienced also yesterday,
when i change my IMAP subscriptions kontact crash at the next check mail,
restart kontact and the "Sent" folders was purge! No more email in its.

> I'm actually quite interested in experiences with Kubuntu 7.10 and the
> enterprise client, as we might go down the same road. The problem I see is
> that while Kubuntu has decided to add the enterprise version of Kontact
> already, this version seems far from "production-ready" when looking at the
> bugtracker. On the other hand, this version has a lot of features that the
> old proko2 version does not have, which makes it potentially very
> attractive for some of our users...
>
> Cheerio,

In my company i have about 15 kubuntu PC, only 2 with 7.10, the others with
7.04. i need to migrate all to 7.10 for some reasons, but this problem stop
me.

Ciao
--
Alessio Cecchi is: