personal spam folder

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:42:00 CET 2007

On Nov 22, 2007 4:23 PM, Krzysztof Matusik <kyf at arterm.pl> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'd like to setup kolab (amavis, postfix or cyrus or anything suitable) to
> transfer emails marked as spam by filters to personal folders in each users
> account independently.
> How can I do it? Is there a simple way (I couldn't find such googling) ?
> Do I need to setup sieve or something? How can I make "spam" folder for each
> account easy/automatically?
> How can I set up a rule to clean all spam emails in such folders if older than
> period of time?
>
> Has anyone such mechanism implemented and willing to share please.

I'm surprised their is nothing about this in the kolab wiki.

Here is an idea

set "addr_extension_spam" in amavisd.conf (be carrefull to edit the
template and run kolabconf)
to the name of the folder you want (I will call it 'spam' ) . This
will 'rewrite' the recipient address from
user at domain to user+spam at domain.

Then each user must create a so named folder in its INBOX and give the
'p' right to 'anyone' to
authorize plus addressing.
If the user don't do that, SPAM will continue to be delivered into the INBOX.

Unsig cyradm you can setup the 'expire' attribute of these subfolder
'spam'  to 15 days
and cyr_expir that is ran one a day will automaticaly any mail older
than 15 days.

If you dont want to use 'expire' attribute, you can use ipurge command
to delete mails to oold or too big in  some mailboxes.

You can automate the use of cyradm using scripting, like in

for user in user1 user2 ; do
    echo createmailbox user/$user/spam at example.com
    echo sam user/$user/spam at example.com anyone p
    echo mboxcfg user/$user/spam at example.com
done | cyradm -u manager --password ***** localhost

Hope this help

Please report any success or comment about this procedure.

> regards
>
> Krzysztof

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com