Changing manager password dos't work

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 22 15:38:11 CET 2007

Hi Daniel,

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 17:35, Daniel Vergien wrote:
> I got a problem changing the manager password for kolab. I use
> /kolab/bin/kolabpasswd, enter the old password, enter to times the new
> one, the output is "Password changed successfully, please be patient..."
> and the program terminates without error messages, but the password is
> not changed.

check the contents of /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf,
it should have the new password. Also the hash found there
should be in /kolab/etc/openldap/slapd.conf entry rootpw.

> If tried it as the user root and as the user kolab, but both times the
> same efect (none).

You should run it as root.

> Also restarting kolab after changeing the password did not help.
>
> I'm using the 2.1-rc1 on Solaris 10.

I just tried it on Kolab Server/Openpkg 2.1rc1 on Debian GNU/Linux ppc
and the script changed the password, but OpenLDAP was not stopped
correctly and /kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap stop would also not stop it.
After killing it manually and restarting, all was fine.
Can you retry and confirm?
If yes, please file a problem report with our tracker.

Thanks,
Bernhard