kolab with ldaps (port 636) ?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Mar 13 09:10:53 CET 2007

JOYDEEP <j.bakshi at unlimitedmail.org> writes:

>> And netstat shows the open port:
>>
>> netstat -lnp | grep 636
>> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:636             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      22102/slapd
>>
> Thanks, I also have port 636 open here. but can I use kolab to listen
> 636 ?

If you have port 636 open and it is listed in the netstat output, then
Kolab is indeed listening on that port. Nothing additional is required.

>> So your probably configured something in your client in an incorrect
>> way.
>>
> more over kaddressbook is not working with 636 but with 389.

As I mentioned this is probably a configuration problem with your
client. Try checking with another client first. Use luma for
example. You can also go into debugging mode with you LDAP server and
check what happens on the server side (see
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Server_Troubleshooting_-_LDAP).

Cheers,

Gunnar