cyrus-imap howto ?

JOYDEEP j.bakshi at unlimitedmail.org
Thu Feb 15 13:22:51 CET 2007

Dear kolab group,

As cyrus-imap is the backbone of the kolab mail sytem, you have better
understanding of it.
that's why I hv come to you with my problem.

I am using suse 10.1 with postfix, cyrus-imap, cyrus-sasl and related
packages installed. I also hv a dedicated wan ip
from my ISP.

Now I like to build an email server in my box with postfix and cyrus.
so here how can I configure a running cyrus-imap
and test it ? how to configure postfix to use cyrus ? and finally when
bot are tested ok, then how to create cyrus-imap
account for the users in my local box ?

I would be very very grateful if any one kindly guide me. thanks for
bearing with me; a newbie.

with best wishes