new horde package with new kolab RC1, impossible to login as manager

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Feb 8 14:57:40 CET 2007

>> Can you describe the bug you experienced or submit a a bug report at
>>https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/? This way I can try to
>>improve the script.
>
> I don't remember exactly the problem I had when installed horde with the
> script. But on what I remember it was only a package name issues.
> For example in your package list downloaded by your script, you have twice
> horde_framework:
> - horde-framework-3.2_cvs-20070202.src.rpm
> - horde-framework-3.2_cvs-20070124.src.rpm
>
> Has the script downloaded booth, it tried to compile and install booth too.
> Then other related package were complaining about bad dependencies.
>
> Some package have changed in RC1 since the Beta4 release so I had to rename
> some package names in the tuto install procedure

Thank you! I will check the packages and fix the naming.

> All the rest goes smoothly for installing. Only one bug, it installs horde
> with sendmail by default in mailing  parameter, so you have to manually
> configure it to use local smtp server if you want to be able to send email.

Ah, local smtp works? Good to know, Richard Bos will be delighted to hear that :)

Concerning sendmail: Most path names in the configuration are not yet fixed too.

> Other little bug, users configurations options (like sidebar widht )  are
> not kept after the session ( I think it's because config files are
> overwritten by templates isn't it ? )

The preferences currently do not get stored. This is an upstream bug I
know about and it will be fixed in the next release. You can also
manually update your Horde/Prefs Module in /kolab/lib/php to the
newest CVS version. That should fix the problem.

Cheers,

Gunnar