Install Problems

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Aug 2 09:50:19 CEST 2007

Piyasena Dürst <Piyasena.Duerst at traum-welten.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have problems to get Kolab up and running on Suse 10.2
>
> I followed this guide.
>
> http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Source
>
> System: AMD64
>
> Ram: 2 GB-Ram
>
> Latest Suse packets installed. If offred, I installed the 32-bit and the 64-bit packets of the necessary tools (gcc etc.)
>
> It’s a standard installation which is up-to-date.
>
> My Admin is using xen for securing some vulnerable services. But that shouldn’t be a problem either. No apparmor and no
> SELinux.   SuSE2firewall is on.
>
> I know that earlier versions of OpenPKG  have Problems with the gcc 4 and higher but as I read that should be solved in
> Version 2.5 which is used in Kolab 2.1. Is this still a problem?
>
> Is Kolab nown to work on Suse 10.2?
>
> You find the log’s here: http://85.14.216.47/kolab.tar
>
> Please let me know if you need further informations.

Your gcc build fails with:

 build/genmodes.o build/errors.o ../build-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libiberty/libiberty.a
/lib64/libc.so.6: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I googled a bit ... does this blog entry help?

http://blog.stefan-macke.de/2007/07/18/c-compiler-cannot-create-executables-und-lib64libcso6-file-not-recognized/

You should also check the mailing list archive
(http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/) for some recent posts on
Kolab on 64bit machines. The underlying OpenPKG system is not yet
completely ready for this so it needs some tweaks.

Cheers,

Gunnar