Syncing kolab with mobile device

Nils elitepenguin at gmx.net
Tue Sep 12 17:34:40 CEST 2006

Hello,

I just found an old and very unfinished entry in the kolab wiki about
syncing mobile devices with kolab, therefore I ask here:

Palm

I was able to sync a palm with kpilot and the local calendar of kmail.
So far I have not been able to sync the Palm with more then one
resource. What I would like to accomplish is the following thing:

Sync the private Entries on the Plam with the local cal file of
kontact and add entries from a shard folder from kolab to the palm.

Nokia Communicator 9300

Bluetooth communication with my laptop worked out of the box, however
I failed sync it with kolab. I get errors like this in my log on the
phone:

"Unable to find the specified object:
Calendar ('C:\blah blah')"

which does not work of course.

Today many people have phones and pdas that have a built in calendar
and support usb or bluetooth, so I think compatibility with mobile
devices is quite important for kolab..

Nils