amavisd fails to start, missing perl-modules "Can't locate auto/Mail/Internet/autosplit.ix"

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Sep 6 14:41:38 CEST 2006

* chymian <chymian at gmx.net> [20060906 14:02]:
> new to kolab, I try desperately to set up kolab2 on a fresh sarge install.
> first from debian-packages later from src and always get the same error mesg.
> i checked  the missing Mail::Internet files & other 'missing' modules, they
> are all in place, but are not found by amavisd.
> I also reinstalled them through cpan (with prefix /kolab) with the result,
> that even more modules gone missing (and clamav gets trouble too) :-(

I suggest starting from scratch: Remove /kolab and install again.
Additionally if you're using Debian sarge, you can safely use the
binary packages.

Make sure you follow the instructions in 1st.README (downloadable
from the same directory as obmtool, obmtool.conf, openpkg-*.sh and
the bunch of .rpm files.

Don't use alien to convert them or something like that.

Thomas

Email: thomas at intevation.de
http://intevation.de/~thomas/