Idle notification with kolab

Vladislav Tchernev vladt at broadsign.com
Tue Jun 20 23:40:56 CEST 2006

Hello guys,
Does anyone know how to setup cyrus imap to notifies the clients immediately
when any changes to a folder occur on Debian. I have enabled this :

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
  idled         cmd="idled"

in the /kolab/etc/imapd/cyrus.conf but it doesn't solve my problem. I know
that courier imap is using "fam" in order to make such a notifications and
might be cyrus as well,  but there is no fam package provided from
openpackage. I realy have to find a solution cause the devel guys are all
after me :)

Cheers
Vlad