proftp error LDAPHomedirOnDemand

Antoni Aniento a_aniento at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 10 13:21:23 CEST 2006

Many thanks another time Vincent,

I've tried db_recover with the parameters you say, just after stopping all services:

/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all stop
/kolab/bin/db_recover -v -h /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data
db_recover: Program version 4.3 doesn't match environment version
Finding last valid log LSN: file: 1 offset 326817
Recovery starting from [1][325708]
Recovery complete at Mon Jul 10 13:08:42 2006
Maximum transaction ID 80000026 Recovery checkpoint [1][326817]

And then trying to start services again, but same error appears:

/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start
OpenPKG: start: openpkg, openldap, sasl, spamassassin, amavisd, apache, clamav
OpenPKG: start: imapd, postfix, proftpd:FAILED
openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:proftpd:%start: failed with return code 1
openpkg:rc:NOTICE: output from stdout/stderr is following:
|  - Fatal: unknown configuration directive 'LDAPHomedirOnDemand' on line 30 of '/kolab/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf'
OpenPKG: start: kolabd.

I also tryed kolab_conf:

/kolab/sbin/kolabconf
kolabconf - Kolab Configuration Generator

  Version: 2.0.99

  Copyright (c) 2004  Klaraelvdalens Datakonsult AB
  Copyright (c) 2003  Code Fusion cc
  Copyright (c) 2003  Tassilo Erlewein, Martin Konold, Achim Frank, erfrakon

OpenPKG: start: proftpd:FAILED
openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:proftpd:%start: failed with return code 1
openpkg:rc:NOTICE: output from stdout/stderr is following:
|  - Fatal: unknown configuration directive 'LDAPHomedirOnDemand' on line 30 of '/kolab/etc/proftpd/proftpd.conf'

May be the best thing will be reinstalling kolab, and make a cyrreconstruct.

I you or another people has any other idea, it will be very appreciate...

See you...

    Toni Aniento