Distribution List Slows server problem...

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Jan 3 17:44:29 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2005 18:35 schrieb Kevin Baker:
> So what are the main functions of the "kolabmailboxfilter"
> filter?

It adds X-Kolab-Scheduling-Message: headers
and will to automatic invitation handling.

> I am only using Kolab for email.
>
> If I changed the
>
>   - "mailbox_transport = kolabmailboxfilter"
>
>   line to
>
>   + "mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/kolab/var/kolab/lmtp"
>
>   would Kolab email still work normally?

Basically yes, so you can try.

> The reason I ask is that I am looking to setup an "alias"
> that send messages to all the users on the system. When I
> test this in Kolab it freezes up the machine for about 5
> minuntes.

Obvisously this depends on your machine,
but it should not freeze the machine for 5 minutes
as only one email needs to be marked.
Technically it might be transfered in chunks,
but it should not process them all at once.
Also kolabmailboxfilter pretty early sees if
the email contants text/calendar and will let it through
without much processing.

> I had the exact thing setup on a non-kolab
> postfix/cyrus/ldap config before and it performed great.
> The kolabmailboxfilter seems to be the only major
> difference.

Are you sure you do not have the amavids and spamassassin
running in between? (Though also they should scan the message
in chunks.)
How do you do the alias?