A Few Pre-Install Questions

Tom Jermy tomjermy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 16:32:04 CET 2006

I'm sure that there is a simple answer to this rather convoluted question,
and a (probably) simpler second one.

Currently I run postfix & cyrus-imapd on a custom configured CentOS server.
It picks up/serves mail for my MD's pet company. My DNS/bind is
authoratitive over the domain and I have my bind MX records for the domain
that receives mail to my main gateway/perimeter server.

I now want to use Kolab on this machine for our main work emails, and I am
wondering what the best way to do this is. I know that the recent Kolab
release picks up multi mail domains but I am concerned that there may be
some kind of clash.

On a separate point, our ip addr is blacklisted by AOL for some reason. We
have a non blacklist mail relay server set up with our ISP which I currently
route outgoing email through. Is it easy to tell Kolab to basic/plain
authenticate with this machine and send through it?

Thanks,
Tom Jermy