Vacation AND mail forwarding together and not XOR

Jakob Boos jakob.boos at freenet.de
Thu Apr 20 20:00:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm wondering why it isn't possible to set a vacation message and to forward
incoming mail to a defined mail address. All of my users are working with
Outlook or Squirrelmail. Nobody works with KDE/Kontact. During vacation, the
policy is, that a vacation message is set and that incoming mail is
forwarded to another person. Kolab's policy is not to allow both vacation
and mail forwarding.

To solve this problem, I installed the avelsieve plugin for Squirrelmail.
But that's not a good solution, because I'd like to have all admin functions
in one interface, hopefully the Kolab admin interface.

Could anyone explain to me why the Kolab admin interface lacks this
functionality.

Thanks in advance.
Jakob