Send messages to shared folders

Alexander Maret-Huskinson alex at maret.de
Sun Nov 27 15:05:15 CET 2005

Am Sonntag, 27. November 2005 13:37 schrieb Jose Figueras:

> Next, I changed LDAP. Now ldapsearch shows:
>
>    # admin, internal, mydomain.tld
>    dn: cn=admin,cn=internal,dc=mydomain,dc=tld
>    cn: admin
>    objectClass: top
>    objectClass: kolabGroupOfNames
>    member: cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=mydomain,dc=tld
>    mail: kolab at mydomain.tld

Looks good.

> (I don't understend the role of this "mail" property in admin user, but
> there it is).

Postfix knows that the recipient delimiter in a mail address is a '+' sign.
Therefore it searches for an e-mail address "kolab at ..." if it has to deliver
an e-mail to "kolab+shared.d_gerencia at ...".

Now you have two possibilities: Either create a "local recipient map" or add
the "mail:kolab at ..." to an LDAP entry.

> To confim, my /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/main.cf.template contains:
>
>    #   maps
>    virtual_mailbox_maps = $virtual_maps
>    local_recipient_maps = $virtual_maps, hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/local

I don't know if this is the source of your problem, but you should change the
"local_recipient_maps" back to the original value if you have added the LDAP
attribute. It is no longer nescessary.

> and my /kolab/etc/postfix/local file contains:
>
>    kolab at mydomain.tld     .

This is the only entry you would need if you do not use the LDAP way.

> And I executed:
>    postmap local
>    /kolab/sbin/kolabconf
>    /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all stop
>    /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start

Looks good from a distance.

> But /kolab/var/postfix/log/postfix.log allways shows the same error
> message. I tried with:
>
>    kolab+shared.d_gerencia at mydomain.tld

This is the e-mail format we use for shared folders. It should work.

> Any suggestions?

Could you post your postfix logs again with only the LDAP solution activated.

Greets,
Alex