Login fails after upgrade to Beta4 from Beta3

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Mar 31 16:09:32 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag, 31. März 2005 15:18 schrieb Hamish:

Hi,

Firstly stop the Kolab server in  order to be save

> > and ran sh ./obmtool kolab

Good!

> > I then ran
> > /kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap stop
> > /kolab/sbin/slapindex
> > /kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap start

> I have tried to modify my password (both in the web gui and via ldap client

I recommend that you fully stop your kolab server. Then run slapindex. Then
check with slapcat that the LDAP DB is accessable. Last but not least start
the Kolab server.

I think we must add some note in the Release Notes that the server must be
completely stopped during slapindex.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany