Login fails after upgrade to Beta4 from Beta3

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 15:18:38 CEST 2005

On Thursday 31 March 2005 12:23, Hamish wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I have a problem of not being able to log in to kolab via imap after
> upgrading to Beta4 (login to webgui works fine)
> in imapd/log/misc.log i get:
> (with ssl)
> badlogin: myhost.mydomain.local.net [my.ip.add.xx] plain [SASL(-16):
> encryption needed to use mechanism: security flags do not match required]
> (without ssl)
> badlogin: myhost.mydomain.local.net [my.ip.add.xx] plaintext
> me at mydomain.com SASL(-13): authentication failure: checkpass failed
>
> Background:
> To upgrade, I downloaded:
> kolabd-1.9.4-20050318
> kolab-webadmin-0.4.0-20050318
> kolab-resource-handlers-0.3.9-20050318
> perl-kolab-5.8.5-20050318
> and ran sh ./obmtool kolab
>
> I then ran
> /kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap stop
> /kolab/sbin/slapindex
> /kolab/bin/openpkg rc openldap start
>
> I am one of the horde "Test Group" - i know there were some problems with
> changing password etc, so maybe this is a horde thing? (I also cannot log
> in to horde)
>
> Since then I have not been able to log in with my mail client (thunderbird
> on windows) although i can log in to the web interface, and watching the
> logs, it seems my mail is delivered.
>
> Can anyone see any mistake i have made?

I have tried to modify my password (both in the web gui and via ldap client
gq) and this has not worked either. The problem with changing passwords and
horde users seems to be gone though! Other horde users can still log in fine:
I am completely lost thinking where to start with this...
How can I turn up logging in cyrus?
Thanks,