Kolab2 Beta3 - Setting mailbox_size_limit

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Wed Mar 23 11:23:25 CET 2005

alex <alex at swiftnetcomputers.biz> writes:

> The /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf held the values I initially put in, once
> I removed the lines I added, I was back to square one - unable to
> receive an attachment 8Mb or larger.

You should not modify /kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf and most other config
files for that matter directly.  Always edit the corrsponding template
file in /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/.  After editing the template, run
/kolab/sbin/kolabconf to generate the actual config file from the
template.

That said, if you remove the message_size_limit setting postfix will use
the default value of about 10MB which is usually too small for 8MB
attachments.

>> I was working with Bernhard about not being able to receive and email
>> of 8MB or larger. I added the line message_size_limit and set it to
>> 20Mb, but now I get an error mailbox_size_limit is smaller than
>> message_ size_limit. I added the line mailbox_size_limit = 40Mb to
>> main.cf.templates but I still get the error listed above.

Did you run kolabconf after changing main.cf.templates?

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/