Kolab 2 - KDEPIM 3.4.0 - Sharing Calendar Ressources

Peter Wimmer peter.wimmer at studentenwerk.mhn.de
Tue Mar 22 19:55:48 CET 2005

Hello,

i managed to get the calendar ressources of other users to be visible in
korganizer. But i ran into some problems / difficulties and I'm not sure
if this is completely right....

I use kolab 2 beta 3 server and kdepim 3.4.0 debian packages from alioth.

- i started kolabwizard and typed in the user configs
- then i started kontact and the kmail configuration in contact
- in the workgroup properties i had to change the format from "Standard
(ical/vcal)" to "Kolab (XML)". kolabwizard hasn't done this.
- after this step kontact crashes everytime, but the configuration is
saved, so no real problem.

- then i changed the visibilty of the groupware folders
- and resynced with the imapserver.
- i gave read (or "all"-) access to the newly created calendar folder to
other users.

Here i had problems for quite a while because my users could see and
read the calendar folders of other users in KMAIL but the ressources
haven't appeared in korganizer. In korganizer the only calendar folder
displayed was the calendar folder of the user.

- Today i went to the properties of the calendar folder of another user
in KMAIL und i saw a property called "Ordnerinhalt" (perhaps
"foldercontent" in english) which was set to "Mail". I could change this
property to "Calendar" and after this change the calendar folder of the
"other user" was accessible in korganizer. (!!)

Is this right? Do I have to change this property for every user for
every shared calendar folder to use it in korganizer?

And another problem. After changing this property i can't change it
back. The property for the folder is not display anymore after changing
it to "calendar".

Is this a problem with kolabwizard? Should it be this way oder should it
be set automatically? Is this problem (if it is one) known?

Greetings !

Peter Wimmer