help installing Kolab

Ivor ivor at mediahost.co.za
Tue Mar 1 16:11:05 CET 2005

Hi,

please can someone tell me where I am going wrong. I have downloaded all
the files from
http://ftp.kolab.org/kolab/server/development/current/sources/

I copy the files to /kolabtemp, I then mkdir /usr/local/kolab.
I then ln -s /usr/local/kolab /kolab

this creates the soft link

I then run :

sh obmtool kolab and this is what i get:

    ./obmtool kolab
    ---- boot/build TestServ %kolab ----
    obmtool:NOTICE: did not find openpkg/rpm executable.
Checking/fetching binary sh.
    obmtool:NOTICE: did not find binary sh. Checking/fetching source
sh.
    OpenPKG 2.2-SOLID Source Bootstrap Package, version 2.2.1
    Building for prefix /kolab on current platform
    ++ extracting OpenPKG source distribution
    openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh:ERROR: failed to unpack into directory
"openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src"
    /tmp/obmtool.6229.tmp: line
440: /kolab/RPM/PKG/openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.*-*-*.sh: No such file or
directory
    obmtool:ERROR: bootstrapping failed

Now I am Logged in as root
/ has 31Gb available space
    it creates /kolab
    with the following sub directories:
        RPM
        PKG
        SRC
        TMP

    it also copies the following files into

        PKG :

            openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.rpm
            openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh

        and TMP

            openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src
            openpkg-2.2.1-2.2.1.src.sh

        and that is as far as it gets.

I have tried several different distributions:

   Fedora Core 2,  Fedora Core 3
   RHEL3 and Rhel 4.
   The only one i have got it to compile on is Mandrake 10.1

Any ideas where to look??

Are there possible special packages that must be in the installation?
the test box is a Penrium celeron 2Ghz, with 512 Mb Ram and a 40 Gb Hard
Drive