kolab2 2.0 + kontact - can't get it to work...

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Wed Jul 6 10:32:41 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 10:38, Thomas Ribbrock wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 09:58:21AM +0200, Till Adam wrote:
> > Good, that means the basic mechanisms are working.
>
> <phew> :-)

We'll get you sorted, don't worry. :)

> > Can you please create a subfolder of inbox/Calendar, in KMail, and give
> > it type "Calendar". Then check that the new resource shows up in the
> > resource view.
>
> Done that. First oddity: It shows up no less than *five* times in the
> resource view... <scratches head>

Ok, that smells of dodgy interaction between KMail and KOrganizer. Are you
runnning them side-by-side or inside Kontact? Are you positively certain you
don't have mixed versions (maybe from some older KDE) lying around that could
interfere?

> > Then add an even to the calendar, you should be asked which folder to
> > save to.
>
> Actually: No. It just accepts the event without asking for a folder when
> I click "OK".

Ok. That's very wrong. Can you please try using KMail and KOrganizer
standalone (both started from the same konsole, please, so you see the
output, not using the menu or alt-f2), in case you are using Kontact so far,
and Kontact, also started from a konsole, in case you are so far using
standalone apps?

> > Select the new one, then check if the event has been written to that
> > folder, in KMail.
>
> As I didn't get asked, I deselected all "Calendar" folders except one of
> the five incarnations of the new subfolder, then added an event. No
> mails show up in kmail at all.

Again, very, very wrong. Something is majorly borked here. But you guessed
that already. ;) Can you please send me the kmailrc for that user, assuming
it's a test user. Anonymized, if it's a real one?
(~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc)

> There's one thing dawning on me, so I'd better check this before we
> waste any time: How is that mail supposed to get there? Directly by
> kmail on the local machine? Or is it sent as an actual mail via a mail
> server? I'm asking because as this is an evaluation setup, the kolab
> server is *not* the mail server right now, nor can it receive mails
> directly other than those generated on the server itself (that's why the
> invitations worked). Just want to make sure that this has no bearings on
> the problem at hand.

Yes, they should be added locally, from KOrganizer to KMail directly, no
server communication involved.

Till