kolab2 2.0 + kontact - can't get it to work...

Thomas Ribbrock admin_slox-e at itsef.com
Wed Jul 6 10:38:57 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 09:58:21AM +0200, Till Adam wrote:
> Good, that means the basic mechanisms are working.

<phew> :-)

> Can you please create a subfolder of inbox/Calendar, in KMail, and give
> it type "Calendar". Then check that the new resource shows up in the
> resource view.

Done that. First oddity: It shows up no less than *five* times in the
resource view... <scratches head>

> Then add an even to the calendar, you should be asked which folder to save to.

Actually: No. It just accepts the event without asking for a folder when
I click "OK".

> Select the new one, then check if the event has been written to that folder,
> in KMail.

As I didn't get asked, I deselected all "Calendar" folders except one of
the five incarnations of the new subfolder, then added an event. No
mails show up in kmail at all.

There's one thing dawning on me, so I'd better check this before we
waste any time: How is that mail supposed to get there? Directly by
kmail on the local machine? Or is it sent as an actual mail via a mail
server? I'm asking because as this is an evaluation setup, the kolab
server is *not* the mail server right now, nor can it receive mails
directly other than those generated on the server itself (that's why the
invitations worked). Just want to make sure that this has no bearings on
the problem at hand.

Cheerio,

Thomas