kolab ldap using SQL backend

digitalphoto digitalphoto at digitalphoto.com.br
Sun Jan 30 20:43:08 CET 2005

Hallo Martin,
My problem with LDAP is:
I have a contact book made in PHP/MySQL that has 2 main tables:
1 - Company
2 - People
When I add a contact, I choose a company from a dropdown list. The People
table then has a related record on Company with the Company's ID. So I type
the Company name only once in a lifetime (That avoids typos and saves a lot
of time) and then can call all members of a Company at the same time, or have
a form allowing me to choose a member of that Company to send a document.
I've been spinning wheels trying to figure how to do it in LDAP. So I thought
about creating records in MySQL and then exporting to LDAP.
Maybe I'm missing something, but how can I organize people by company and
avoid typing the company every time I add a record in LDAP?
TIA,
Joe Karma