Unable to write event resource not writable in Kolab 2 - cant write calendar but email and tasks work

will.taylor at erataylorrealty.com will.taylor at erataylorrealty.com
Thu Jan 13 18:26:34 CET 2005

> Am Sonntag, 9. Januar 2005 17:17 schrieb will.taylor at erataylorrealty.com:
>
>> > Can you point me to the readme.kolab in CVS that you have used?
>
>> > The recommended version of KDE to act as a Kolab client
>> > is based on KDE_3_3_BRANCH with proko2_branch from CVS.
>
>> > Check what resources are configured in kcontrol -> KDE Resources and
>> then
>> > in
>> > the tab for events.
>
>> I fixed my original problem which was not being able to save tasks,
>> notes
>> or anything--the readme.kolab says to add imap server here is the
>> selection: "Start KDE Control Center and go to KDE Components, page KDE
>>    Resources Configuration. Choose the calendar resource. Add an
>>    IMAP resource and set it to standard."
>>
>> It needs to say add kolab resource, not imap resource which is a
>> different
>> option.
>
> I am currently checking this.
>
>> I ditched the kdepim rpm I made with checkinstall and compiled my own
>> kde
>> with konstruct-unstable, and now I have groupware functionality (storing
>> email, tasks, and contacts on the imap server) except for calendar
>> information! I will give the error it gives and the readme.kolab is
>> attached after I give you a brief, detailed overview of what I have
>> done:
>

>> OBJECTIVE: Small office (10-20) users network. Groupware service, and
>> centralized logins so that each kolab user is also a unix user with his
>> home directory on the server so settings follow whichever computer he is
>> on.
>
>> added nis.schema to slapd.conf
>> added posixaccount objectclass and login info to each user using GQ
>
> Please consider to provide a patch for the web admin gui.
>
>> Client Setup:
>> Used Konstruct-unstable to compile current kde environment and kdepim
>> using command cd meta/kdepim-crypto (wow thats easy) Finishes
>> succesfully.
>> (Question: Is this the Proko2 branch of kdepim I need?)
>
> No HEAD is also fine if you don't need private DLs stored in imap folder.
>
>> server for sending. Also added kolab resources in kontrol center.
>> Todos,
>> contacts, e-mails work but not calendar. When I add an event it shows up
>> in the calendar and there is a libkcal file in the calendar folder on
>> the
>> IMAP server in kmail but when I go to check mail on the server to sync
>> it
>> I get this error message:
>
>> Error while uploading folder
>> Could not make the folder Calendar on the server.
>
>> Retry the request.
>> Check your access permissions on this resource.
>>
>> Any ideas? I am so close, except I can not add calendar info to the
>> server.
>
> After retrying does the problem reoccur?
>
> Regards,
> [...]

I would like to eventually write a patch to the web admin gui so
posixaccount info can be added. By using GQ I get an objectclass error
when I try to modify user info in the wedadmin gui.

Yes, the error does occur each time I sync with the server. However, I do
see libcal files in the calendar IMAP folder. Where are these folders
actually stored and how can I change the permissions on them?

Also can I set kontact to store calendar information not in the default
calender folder? Can I set it to store it in a IMAP shared folder that I
create? I want people to be able to set a contact to be public so all
members can see, or private so that only they can see them.

How can I do that?