Unable to write event resource not writable in Kolab 2 - cant write calendar but email and tasks work

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Jan 11 10:52:53 CET 2005

Am Sonntag, 9. Januar 2005 17:17 schrieb will.taylor at erataylorrealty.com:

> > Can you point me to the readme.kolab in CVS that you have used?

> > The recommended version of KDE to act as a Kolab client
> > is based on KDE_3_3_BRANCH with proko2_branch from CVS.

> > Check what resources are configured in kcontrol -> KDE Resources and then
> > in
> > the tab for events.

> I fixed my original problem which was not being able to save tasks, notes
> or anything--the readme.kolab says to add imap server here is the
> selection: "Start KDE Control Center and go to KDE Components, page KDE
>    Resources Configuration. Choose the calendar resource. Add an
>    IMAP resource and set it to standard."
>
> It needs to say add kolab resource, not imap resource which is a different
> option.

I am currently checking this.

> I ditched the kdepim rpm I made with checkinstall and compiled my own kde
> with konstruct-unstable, and now I have groupware functionality (storing
> email, tasks, and contacts on the imap server) except for calendar
> information! I will give the error it gives and the readme.kolab is
> attached after I give you a brief, detailed overview of what I have done:

> OBJECTIVE: Small office (10-20) users network. Groupware service, and
> centralized logins so that each kolab user is also a unix user with his
> home directory on the server so settings follow whichever computer he is
> on.

> added nis.schema to slapd.conf
> added posixaccount objectclass and login info to each user using GQ

Please consider to provide a patch for the web admin gui.

> Client Setup:
> Used Konstruct-unstable to compile current kde environment and kdepim
> using command cd meta/kdepim-crypto (wow thats easy) Finishes succesfully.
> (Question: Is this the Proko2 branch of kdepim I need?)

No HEAD is also fine if you don't need private DLs stored in imap folder.

> server for sending. Also added kolab resources in kontrol center.  Todos,
> contacts, e-mails work but not calendar. When I add an event it shows up
> in the calendar and there is a libkcal file in the calendar folder on the
> IMAP server in kmail but when I go to check mail on the server to sync it
> I get this error message:

> Error while uploading folder
> Could not make the folder Calendar on the server.

> Retry the request.
> Check your access permissions on this resource.
>
> Any ideas? I am so close, except I can not add calendar info to the server.

After retrying does the problem reoccur?

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany