LDAP : Too much connexions ...

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Jan 9 20:43:00 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 7. Januar 2005 10:25 schrieb Michael Harlaut:

Hi Michael,

> > while the number of LDAP opened connexion has reached ~ 500 ou 600 !
> > OpenLDAP says "Too much connexions"

> After posting the previous message (in the thread), I received several
> mails in private, from people who encounter exactly the same problem and
> want more informations about a way to resolve this.

I would love to know if the problem (DOS) disappears when you do the
following:

echo "idletimeout     1" >> 	/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template
kolabconf
/kolab/etc/rc all stop
/kolab/etc/rc all start

Please don't simply look at the output of netsstat but check with your OE test
user.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany