LDAP : Too much connexions ...

Michael Harlaut m.harlaut at atolcd.com
Mon Jan 10 11:25:17 CET 2005

Hi Martin,

>I would love to know if the problem (DOS) disappears when you do the
>following:
>
>echo "idletimeout     1" >> 	/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/slapd.conf.template

Unfortunatly the result is exactly the same.
The connections are released (a little) faster than before, but not
enought to avoid the socket lack.

I'm not sure the solution is to release the connections as fast as
possible. Cyrus makes too much request to OpenLDAP to have a chance to
win this race ... We perhaps need to cache authentification information ...

Michael