KDE 3.4.2 + freebusy success?

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Thu Aug 11 00:27:27 CEST 2005

I'm trying to use kontact from kde 3.4.2 to talk to a standard
kolab2.0.1rc1 freebusy installation but without success. The stage I am now seems
to indicate that either kontact doesn't support https for publishing
freebusy information or I'm doing something wrong.

The apache logs say:
[Wed Aug 10 19:16:27 2005] [error] mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed: HTTP spoken on HTTPS port; trying to send HTML error page (OpenSSL library
error follows)
[Wed Aug 10 19:16:27 2005] [error] OpenSSL: error:1407609C:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:http request [Hint: speaking HTTP to
HTTPS port!?]

My freebusy url is:
https://server.kolab.conectiva/freebusy/joao%40kolab.conectiva.ifb
(the user is joao at kolab.conectiva). I get the same error if I change the
URL to use http:// instead of https://.

tethereal shows the connection taking place using port 443 and even
negotiating SSL parameters, but it suddently gets shut down with a RST
after a "SSLv3 Encrypted Alert".

So, any configuration advice or is my installation really broken
somehow?

I tried this with fresh KDE users (created just for this test), so there
is no ~/.kde garbage from previous uses.